Thursday, July 14, 2016

#30DaysofTesting Day14 - Step Outside of your comfort zone

Hi,

Today's task is very easy to say but much difficult to make it practical. :-p 

We can approach this in a very philosophical way. 

Most of our routines are much more repetitive , we had break fast in the morning, drive to office, back home, sleep then next day the same thing

So why is it important to step out of your comfort zone ???

Because if we regularly seek out fresh experiences each day, you tend to be more creative than those who stuck in routine. 

I thought of sharing this article by Forbes which says about the six benefits of stepping out of your comfort zone. They are 

  1. You will have no regrets at the end.
  2. You will define yourself authentically.
  3. You will gain control.
  4. Your life experience will be fuller.
  5. You will let perfection go.
  6. You will inspire others.
Coming to the crux of our topic, what I did today to step outside of my comfort zone. 

As I know myself for the past many years, I am too lazy to step outside. 

Today I took my wife's car to MVP Studio (Work Place). Her work schedule is like 4.00 pm to 4.30 am and I don't like to wake up @ 4am in the morning. So I told my friend to drop her at work in the evening and I drive her car to the place where she works. As she don't have the option to drop me back. I run from her office to home (around 5 Km)

So that's it. I run for 5 Km. To be honest my initially intention was to run but as I am not a regular jogger i could only run for say 1 Km. Rest of the distance I walk. Anyway I feel more confident and happy When I write this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment